Algonquin Highlands is a beautiful, park-like municipality nestled among myriad lakes and rolling hills.
We launched a new website for the Township of Algonquin Highlands to meet a unique set of goals:
- Website developed in collaboration with municipal staff
- Friendly and intuitive design that can accommodate a large and diverse amount of information
- Hosting, Maintenance and Training
- Fully compliant with the WCAG 2.0 Level AA accessibility requirements
- Complete content management system (CMS) that would enable the posting of news, events, resource materials & tender opportunities
Communication: To begin with, municipal sites are a powerful tool for townships to communicate with their residents, and they allow site visitors to get quick answers to easy questions.
Participation: In addition, these websites expand opportunities for citizens to participate in and be informed by local government. In many smaller towns, town offices are only open at certain times of day, which may be inconvenient for many of those towns’ residents. By offering more information online, a township is offering an opportunity for more of its residents to be well informed, and to participate in the process of keeping the community running smoothly.
Access: As more and more people become accustomed to finding the information they need online, a municipal website can enable towns to communicate with visitors and residents in a way they are accustomed to.
Economic Development: Finally, these websites offer towns the opportunity to showcase their communities. A well-constructed municipal website is often the first result on a search engine when somebody searches for the name of that town, so if that site has information for residents and visitors alike, it can be a true driver of economic development.